Jul 07 2010
Epstein Barr virus in adults can lead to low immunity and the flare up of latent viruses like herpes.
There are two types of the herpes virus. Type 1 (Herpes simplex) is recognised by cold sores and skin eruptions, often around the mouth and nose. Type 2 (genital herpes) is sexually transmitted and can range from a silent infection to a severe outbreak with painful, fluid-filled blisters around the genitals, fever, liver inflammation and potential complications like brain damage and still births.
The blisters are highly contagious for up to three weeks after they have healed. It is important to avoid skin contact with others during this time.
The virus can lie dormant for many years. Stress and an illness like Epstein Barr virus in adults, can cause the virus to break out into open sores again.
So how can herpes be treated during an episode of Epstein Barr virus in adults?
- Since herpes and Epstein Barr are in the same family of viruses, treatment is along the same lines – high dose vitamin C, zinc, essential fatty acids, vitamin A, B complex and magnesium.
- Herbal remedies that help both herpes and Epstein Barr virus in adults, include echinacea, goldenseal, myrrh and red clover.
- Taking lysine in high doses can help with the herpes outbreak as it suppresses the virus.
- Avoiding arginine-rich foods like nuts, chocolate and grains, which encourage the virus, is important.
- Applying vitamin E oil on the sores can help healing. Alternatively a cream based on lysine can help.
- To ease swelling and pain, ice packs can be applied. For itching and pain, a warm Epsom salt or baking soda bath can be beneficial.
- Make sure you get plenty of rest and stick to a high protein, low sugar diet to promote healing.
Herpes and Epstein Barr virus in adults respond well to natural therapies. For further information on a range of holistic treatments for these viruses please refer to the e-book “Nature’s Amazing Mononucleosis Cures” by qualified naturopath Elizabeth Noble. The e-book reveals how to boost your immunity and clear viruses with the use of nutritional supplements, herbs, homeopathics, aromatherapy oil, diet, graded exercise, stress management and detoxification.
No responses yet