Oct 18 2012
An integral part of Epstein Barr treatment is diet. Without a good, pure food diet, recovery from EBV can be long and tedious. Unfortunately many people in the Western world eat poorly.
The USDA recently reported that the top nine foods eaten by Americans are:
1 Whole cow’s milk
2 Low fat cow’s milk
3 Processed cheese
4 White bread
5 White flour
6 White rolls
7 Refined sugar
9 Ground Beef
Now if these sound like your staple foods, you are fast tracking your way to a long and complicated recovery. These foods may be quick, easy and taste good but they are just empty calories, devoid of fibre, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. These are the foods that are contributing to America being the fattest nation on earth.
For effective Epstein Barr treatment, you need to eat a natural diet of low carb fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and quality animal protein. A small amount of whole meal grain is OK if your body can tolerate it. Some people find carbohydrate, even the healthier carbs can trigger inflammation and make weight loss hard.
Here’s a list of the top 10 foods you could be eating for effective Epstein Barr treatment;
- Leafy green vegetables either in salads, soups, stir fries or fresh juices. These foods are rich in immune boosters like vitamin A and C which are important during Epstein Barr treatment
- Coloured vegetables like carrot, beetroot, pumpkin, tomato and broccoli which are rich in antioxidants
- Low carb fruits like berries, kiwi fruit and melon
- Anti-inflammatory foods like ginger, turmeric, fish oils, pineapple and paw paw which can help to relieve sore throats, fatigue, aching muscles and swollen glands
- Natural antimicrobials like garlic, onion, thyme and sage
- Quality protein for immune repair – an essential part of Epstein Barr treatment. Protein foods could include free range chicken, fish, eggs, legumes or lean red meat
- Natural yoghurt for its healthy bacteria and gastrointestinal support
- Lemons as a juice or dressing to help relieve symptoms like a sore throat
- Healthy fats like raw nuts and seeds, avocado and flaxseed oil
- Starchy carbs like potato and wholegrain bread in moderation to help with energy and weight maintenance.
If you value your health then you will make it a goal to get off unnatural and processed foods to a healthier, immune boosting diet. For further information on Epstein Barr treatment including diet, supplements, graded exercise, stress management etc then please refer to the e-book “Nature’s Amazing Mononucleosis Cures” by qualified naturopath Elizabeth Noble. Your body will thank you for it!
No responses yet